Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 mOnThS!!!

*** oops...wrote this a LOONG time ago and never posted it. 
 So for your reading delight, it's posted just a couple of months late.  Ha!***



This kid seems so grown to me lately!  He is a true delight and makes me smile everyday!  What more could anyone ask for? (well, apparently me since I still have a long list of prayer requests, but that's for another post, right? :))  I am finding this stage the most fun and the most challenging!  He is Captain Fearless - climbs everything, the higher the better!  He eats non-stop and amazes me with new words all the time.  He is has also become Captain Allergy too which made for some scary moments when he had trouble breathing.  He now has inhalers and a daily allergy medicine. 


Stats: 
22.8 lbs
32.5 inches


Development:
  • talks, talks, talks! ! he loves to read his book aloud in babble form and will repeat you sometimes - never when you expect it though.  :) 
  • says 'tra' at least 50x a day -- it means truck.  He might throw in 'ca' every once in awhile to change it up (car).  the benefit is that in the car if he gets upset, I can just say truck and he spends a good 5 minutes straining his little neck to see all the cars passing his window. coming in second place with 40x a day is 'caT' - if he can't see one, he is begging me to open the door, so he can.  
  • climbs - everything.  the stairs, the front and back porch, bookshelves, on to my bed (dangerous!), on the chairs and then onto the kitchen table, shall I go on.  :)  the plus side to this is seeing him turn around to his belly to shimmy off any high item.  
  • playing alongside peers and following all the big kids around.  our neighbor is 18 mo. and they sit next to each other and just throw rocks...until a car or truck distracts my boy.  
  • Says about 20 words, but understands alot more than that. ***please, thank you, no, more, mom, papa, bubba, not yet, drink, shoes, outside, milk, car, truck, train, ball, book, trash (no idea!), yeah (not yes), bye-bye***
  • Walks, runs, kicks balls, tries to throws, recently started to walk on tiptoes and walk backwards
  • enjoys scribbling, putting magnets on and off the fridge, hearing and imitating animal sounds, and transferring items from one container to another (sand to bucket, water from cup to bowl, etc) 
  • has started to glare at people instead of smile.  If they glare back, they get rewarded with a smile.  
  • still likes mama to rock him to sleep
  • Mastering the temper tantrum....we both need work on this.  I get too frustrated when he throws a fit - but say the word 'no' and the fit starts almost immediately.  Easily distracted from it, but ugh!  Prayers!


Kylerisms:
He tries to shimmy off my bed, but it is so high, he then switches to a death grip and hollers.  Don't worry - he isn't left unattended in my room, so I am there to save him.  
  • Throws the biggest fits whenever we have to do go indoors, but the other day it was 90 outside and after 30 minutes, he was banging on the door to go in.  A record!  
  • Still gets lots of compliments in all stores thanks to his 30 facial expressions in a minute 
  • He will pick up my phone or his fake phone, say Hi and jabber for a bit, then he throws the phone on the ground and shouts BYE!  I have never done this, so it is all him!  :)
  • Pretty sure this will change, but I have to zip the diaper bag to keep him away from his medicines.  He loves them and brings them to me as a snack choice.  
  • Will not ever come if I say 'come here' or 'look at this', but if I say 'eat' 'bye-bye' or pretend to snore, he comes at a dead run.  :) 


Firsts:
- Water park experience
- Roadtrip!  He was a rockstar roadtripper too!  :) 
- Meeting so many people on our trip
- Trip to McDonalds
- Asparagus -- and he loved it!  

Lord Father, I praise for the amazing little man you have blessed me with.  May I never forget that he is the answer to so many of my prayers and may I continually give him over to You!  Help me be a more patient, play-loving mom.  And for Kyler  "I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen Kyler with power through Your Spirit in his inner being, so that Christ may dwell in his heart through faith. And I pray that he, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that Kyler may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to You who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine for Kyler, according to Your power that is at work within us, to You be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephes. 3:16-21)




No comments:

Post a Comment